In our last week of God’s Believe It or Not, we focused on one last unbelievable claim from Scripture: believe it or not, Jesus is coming again.
Concerning Christ’s Second Coming, Christians either try to figure out all the details concerning his return or forget about it altogether because it is too difficult to understand. While we will never be sure about times and details of his return, we can be sure of this – we have hope – he is coming again!
As a 26-year old, I don’t often think about Jesus’ return. And that is a big problem. I think sometimes in our youth and prosperity and love of the things of this world that we fail to realize that we ain’t home yet! This isn’t it! The best is still yet to come! But our level of longing indicates our level of living.
If we truly live with no sense of expectation that the best is still on its way, we miss the point of his return. Whether he comes back before I die, or I rise to be with him, the best is coming for those in Christ. If you weren’t with us today, you should really check out this sermon on our website. If you listen, you’ll understand the picture of the helicopter on this spot and Jeff’s incredible conclusion to the message.
He’s coming back!
We worshiped to these following songs today:
- Salvation is Here – Hillsong United
- Jesus Paid It All – Kristian Stanfill
- Glory in the Highest – Chris Tomlin
- All Who are Thirsty (tag) – Brenton Brown
- I Saw the Light – David Crowder Band
- I’ll Fly Away – Traditional
Two things about today’s worship:
- If you don’t know anything about media, let me tell you something – today’s service was very difficult to pull off! With the different video clips, sound elements, etc., there were about a thousand ways that we could have messed it up, but our media team is outstanding! They are worship leaders, and you couldn’t have experienced what happened today without them. So thank your projectionists, video switchers, light guys, camera guys, sound guys, and band for a fantastic job!
- I love a good hoedown. After that message, that was all we could do, and our mandolin, banjo, harmonica, and so much more hysteria was a fun way to end today! But the greatest part of it all was our church’s excitement. Not in a good musical time, but in rejoicing about our King’s return! I cannot say this enough – I love worshiping with you.
That is the conclusion of our series, but I am really excited about the next two-weeks. We are going to be doing a life focus series entitled, Credit or Debit? To understand the premise of this series, go here.
Also, later this week, you will be able to evite your friends about the series and inviting them to come to North Side. There is one little bug remaining with the evite, so make sure to check back here, because I will post the link as soon as I have it. This is a great way to send out a message with a chance for your friends to get more info concerning North Side.