a·tone·ment (ə-tōn’mənt) Pronunciation Key
- Amends or reparation made for an injury or wrong; expiation.
- Reconciliation or an instance of reconciliation between God and humans.
- Atonement Christianity The reconciliation of God and humans brought about by the redemptive life and death of Jesus.
- Obsolete Reconciliation; concord.
The gospel begins with God, but we messed it up through Rebellion. Our sinful ways separate us from God, and there must be a way back to God. Through Jesus’ death, he provided Atonement for our sins and gives us the chance to be forgiven.
As we focused on the atonement today, I was simply overjoyed again at the level to which Jesus loved us. Whenever you stop and truly focus on the cross, you cannot remain the same. As we took communion, I pray that you realized that you don’t have to reach Jesus because Jesus reached out to us. You can be reconciled to God through the atonement of Jesus.
We worshiped to:
- Beautiful One – Tim Hughes
- By His Wounds – Mac Powell
- Beautiful the Blood – Steve Fee
- Nothing but the Blood – Matt Redman
- Jesus Paid It All – Kristian Stanfill
See you next week for Easter, invite your friends here!