The most common wedding ceremony used starts with the words, “Dearly Beloved, we are gathered together here in the sign of God…”
As you think about your own marriage, where are some ways that you can start to “live” out a change this week? Below is a list of key phrases from this ceremony. How good of a job have you done with the following lines?
- “[marriage] is not by any – to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly – but reverently, discreetly…”
- “[Marriage] is intended for their mutual joy – and for the help and comfort given on another in prosperity and adversity.”
- “Will you love her, comfort her, honor and keep her?”
- “In sickness and in health, for richer, for poorer, for better, for worse, in sadness and in joy…”
- “What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate.”
- “You may now kiss the bride.”