Great day focusing on some of the final exhortations in 1 Thessalonians!
Here’s how the services came together:
- Victory in Jesus – North Side Worship
- O Happy Day – Bebe Winans
- Ministry Highlight – International Bible Study
- Prayer Time
- Holy Spirit Living Breath of God – Keith and Kristyn Getty
- Holy Spirit – Francesca Battistelli
- Sermon – Practical Do’s and Don’ts
The band did a fantastic job of working hard on very diverse and complex music for this morning! Loved all each song was a completely different genre and yet they made it seem seamless. Talented and committed folks.
I love the sermon today. Jeff was correct about that this message could be an entire series. In 1 Thess. 5:14-22, here are the exhortations:
- Admonish the idle
- Encourage the fainthearted
- Help the weak
- Be patient with them all
- Do not repay evil for evil
- Seek to do good to one another
- Rejoice always
- Pray without ceasing
- Give thanks in all circumstances
- Do not quench the Spirit
- Do not despise prophecies
- Test everything
- Hold fast to what is good
- Abstain from every form of evil
Here are some of my notes:
- You can always rejoice if you believe that God is always in control.
- You can’t be grateful and gripey at the same time.
- Don’t miss the connection here: don’t quench the Spirit’s work through one another by prophesying the Word but test to make sure it is accurate.
1 more week in 1 Thessalonians and then we focus on the Gathering! Can’t wait!