Great day of worship with North Side today. As we dealt with 2 Thess. 1:5-10, it reminded me concerning the seriousness of both God’s wrath and mercy.
While there were so many great things about today’s services, I loved the fact that the Hills were with us in worship all the way from Africa! They win the award for traveling the longest to get to church!
Here are how the services went together:
- This Is Amazing Grace – North Point Worship
- In Tenderness – Citizens & Saints
- Welcome from the Hills
- How Can It Be? – Lauren Daigle
- Nothing But the Blood
- Sermon – Divine Judgment [2 Thess. 1:5-10]
- Oh, the Deep Deep Love – Sovereign Grace
- There Is a Fountain – North Side Worship arrangement
Here are some of my notes from today’s sermon:
- The first time God’s wrath came with flood (Gen. 6-9), but the second time he comes with fire (2 Thess. 1:8; Matt. 3:11).
- God’s judgment is justice. It is fair and deserving.
- Hell’s worst quality is the absence of the presence of God (2 Thess. 1:9).
- In heaven, we will be able to look at one another and say, “Look, what God did in us!” (2 Thess. 1:10).