Where is this ruthless world headed? As you look at the state of our world, it is easy to get overwhelmed with its course and direction. How are believers to respond?
We addressed this issue today through the teaching of Isaiah 25. Our services were also built around this great chapter of Scripture. It was such a special time of worship and great time in the Word. So thankful for the services but also so thankful for all the conversations throughout the hallways. I love this people.
- Reading – Isaiah 25:1
- Enter His Gates – North Side Worship
- How Great Thou Art – North Side Worship
- Testimony – Tony Sleister gave a great testimony and word of encouragement concerning chronic pain. We are having a short-term group starting next week. You can get more info here.
- Prayer Time
- 10,000 Reasons – Rend Collective Experiment
- Amazing Grace – North Side Worship
- Sermon – Where Is This Ruthless World Headed? [Isaiah 25]
- God of This City – North Side Worship
Here are some of my notes from the sermon:
- The past, present, and future have all been just as God intended it to be (Is. 25:1).
- God’s ancient plans are still on track.
- God has never once been unsure if his plans were going to come to pass (Is. 14:24).
- God will either conquer people or convert people (Is. 25:3).
- God is even in control of this ruthless world full of ruthless people (Is. 25:4).
- Only God could get such diverse people feasting together at such a table (Is. 25:6).
- Heaven is real. Hope is available (Is. 25:8).