On January 27, 2016, I preached at North Greenville University’s chapel on the topic of “Racism and the Gospel.”
I think it struck a nerve that needed to be struck. I had some incredible conversations with students and faculty since then. Pray that maybe this will cause you to think about what the Bible has to say about our racism.
- Racism is not a skin problem but a sin problem.
- Differences divide us, but the gospel unites us.
- The church must celebrate diversity rather than condemn it.
- Don’t let your associations become your identity.
- Stop desensitizing feelings you have never felt.
- Become intentional about racial reconciliation.
- Embrace the cross for bi-directional grace.