Powerful day with North Side family as we focused on Isaiah 48! Even on the dreaded Spring Forward Sunday, the church was getting after it this morning!
We sang everything from Handel to Gaither this morning! If it is biblical theology, it needs to be sung no matter its age!
Four of these songs are from our upcoming Easter services, “The Old Rugged Cross.” These hymn arrangements have been such a blessing to our team as we have worked on them so rigorously! I hope you enjoyed singing them as well. Get to practicing since we will be doing a live recording in less than 2 weeks!
- Christ Is Risen – Matt Maher
- Because He Lives – Bill Gaither
- Christ the Lord Is Risen Today/Hallelujah Chorus – North Side Worship
- Prayer Time (The Old Rugged Cross/Missionary partners)
- Crown Him with Many Crowns – North Side Worship
- Jesus Paid It All – North Side Worship
- Sermon – A God of Grace (Isaiah 48)
- Grace Greater Than All Our Sin – North Side Worship
- God speaks to people who have been liberated yet live like they are still in captivity.
- God confronts those who gather in worship as hypocrites (Is. 48:1; cf. John 4:23-24).
- God told them way before it happened (Is. 48:3-4).
- He wants to ensure an idol doesn’t get the credit (Is. 48:5).
- God “knew what he was getting into” with us (Is. 48:8).
- God won’t delay forever.
- God deferred his wrath (Is. 48:9) until he laid it upon Jesus (Is. 53:6).
- The Creator God calls me by name (48:12-13).
- My life is described as chaotic when I refuse to obey God’s commands (Is. 48:18).
- Don’t get comfortable with the world (Is. 48:20). Leave! Be different!