You have to be devoted to something before you can become proficient in something.
Below is a recording of this week’s prayer course.
Here are a few key notes from the session entitled, “Devoted to Prayer.”
- We all have stories of answered prayers.
- Prayer doesn’t need more proof, it needs more practice.
- You have to be devoted to something before you can become proficient in something.
- Jesus’ dedication to prayer should cause us to reevaluate our lack thereof.
- Jesus showed us the importance of prayer through his example (Mark 1:35; Luke 6:12; Matt. 14:23; Luke. 22:39-41).
- Scripture commands us to be devoted to prayer.
- Proskartereo is the Greek word for devote. It is used 5 times regarding prayer (Acts 1:14; Acts 2:42; Acts 6:4; Rom. 12:12; Col. 4:2). It is used 5 times regarding something other than prayer but gives us insight into how we should reorient our lives around prayer (Acts 2:46; Mark 3:9; Acts 8:13; Acts 10:7; Rom. 13:6).