Today’s services weren’t supposed to happen.
Our staff had some planning adjustments for the next few weeks of services. We were supposed to conclude “The LORD Is Salvation” series today with Isaiah 66. Due to some unforeseen dynamics, we needed to stretch it out a week, and so we added a service focused on Isaiah 62 today.
I’ve never been so thankful for this verse:
The heart of man plans his way, but the LORD establishes his steps. -Proverbs 16:9
God had a reason to change things up. It is evident in the work that he did in our pastor and in our congregation today.
- Enter His Gates – North Side Worship
- Christ the Lord Is Risen Today – North Side Worship
- Announcements and Prayer time
- My Savior’s Love – North Side Worship
- 10,000 Reasons – Rend Collective
- Sermon – Isaiah 62
- I Will Change Your Name – Vineyard Worship
- The phrase, “no one seeks for God” (Rom. 3:10), portrays every single person in the way he is or the way he was.
- God’s purpose for his children is righteousness (Is. 62:1).
- God sees me dressed in Christ’s righteousness, but he won’t stop until others see it too (Is. 62:2).
- God is the only one who can change a life (Is. 62:4).
- God is working on me and one day fully delight in me (Is. 62:5).
- I will not be a project in heaven.
- A prophet’s prayer life consists of “reminding” God of his promises (Is. 62:6-7).
- Get rid of every obstacle so there is a clear path to the LORD (Is. 62:10-12).
- Never forget that it is the fruit of the Spirit and not the fruit of me (Gal. 5:22-23) – this is something God does!