It turned out to be a crazy, intense, fast-paced Sunday morning. Some things outside of our control caused us to step back and punt in some areas this morning, but we are thankful for the faithfulness of God during those times.
We were so excited to kick off our long-anticipated Romans series.
We got through the first 7 verses of Romans. Only 426 to go!
I loved the opportunity to preach from Romans 1:1-7 this morning and lead with so many great and talented folks. We truly are blessed!
- Reading – Psalm 100:3-5
- Enter His Gates – North Side Worship
- Nothing But the Blood – Citizens and Saints
- It Really Does Matter – Church Highlight
- No Longer Slaves – I Am They
- Almighty – Chris Tomlin
- Sermon – The Gospel of God (Rom. 1:1-7)
- All I Have Is Christ – Sovereign Grace
- We are servants who are called to be sent out.
- If our lives are set apart for anything other than the gospel, we are wasting them.
- Jesus was never “Plan B.”
- God’s grace leads us God’s mission.
- My life is not about building up my name but his name.
- God’s grace is too glorious to be known only in this nation.
The writeup that I read at the end of the sermon can be viewed here.
Travis Agnew serves as the Lead Pastor of Rocky Creek Church in Greenville, SC. His most recent book is Distinctive Discipleship. He is married to Amanda and the father of two sons and one daughter. Travis graduated from North Greenville University with a B.A. in Christian Studies and earned his M.Div. and D.Min. from The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, with his doctoral focus on family discipleship.