Fuge 2017 – Convergence
2 Samuel 6
- Theme for the Day: Point of Truth
- We are not called to justify our opinions but to obey his commandments.
- The people of God learned how to worship God from those who did not know God.
- We are called to obey the Word – not imitate the world.
- It is a dangerous thing to enter the presence of God and somehow believe that you deserve to be there.
- Once you have experienced the presence of God, you can’t settle for anything less.
- The only way we can avoid God’s wrath is if another has absorbed God’s wrath for us.
- If you truly grasp your forgiveness, you can hardly contain your worship.
Travis Agnew serves as the Lead Pastor of Rocky Creek Church in Greenville, SC. His most recent book is Distinctive Discipleship. He is married to Amanda and the father of two sons and one daughter. Travis graduated from North Greenville University with a B.A. in Christian Studies and earned his M.Div. and D.Min. from The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, with his doctoral focus on family discipleship.