I love Jesus’ church. It is amazing to see what he is doing in our midst.
Today we focused on 2 Thess. 2:13-17:
13 But we ought always to give thanks to God for you, brothers beloved by the Lord, because God chose you as the firstfruits to be saved, through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth. 14 To this he called you through our gospel, so that you may obtain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15 So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the traditions that you were taught by us, either by our spoken word or by our letter.
16 Now may our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God our Father, who loved us and gave us eternal comfort and good hope through grace, 17 comfort your hearts and establish them in every good work and word.
- Nothing But the Blood – Citizens
- Christ Is Risen/Because He Lives – Matt Maher
- Scripture Reading – 2 Thess. 2:13-17
- Prayer Time
- Orphan Sunday Video
- How Deep the Father’s Love for Us – Kings’ Kaleidoscope
- There Is a Fountain – North Side Worship
- Sermon – Stand Firm [2 Thess. 2:13-17]
- O the Blood – Gateway Worship
I was so thankful for how our worship team led today. The band is stepping up in leadership in so many ways – they are incredible! After a great morning for our tech team, all teams had lunch and talked about how they can do what they do even better! Amazed at their passion and commitment!
Our Discipleship Pastor, Dick Williams, did a fantastic job preaching today. Out of all the great things he said, here were some of the notes that stuck out to me:
- We are absolutely dependent upon God initiating mercy.
- Receiving the gospel leads us to glory.
- Keep traditions if they come from the Word of God.
- We are promised that we will suffer but that Jesus will comfort us!
God adopted us. He wanted us. I simply cannot get over that.
Excited to get back and teach on prayer tonight at 6. Hope you can come!
Travis Agnew serves as the Lead Pastor of Rocky Creek Church in Greenville, SC. His most recent book is Just (About) Married.