Daniel refused to pray to the king and was cast into the lion’s den because of his devotion. Not only did his bold stance make a statement about his faith, but it successfully witnessed to others as well.
- King Darius gave Daniel a pivotal position in establishing the new kingdom because he trusted in the excellent spirit apparent in him (6:1-9).
- When a political law contradicted Daniel’s religious devotion, he unashamedly practiced civil disobedience, fully aware of the consequences (6:10-18).
- God was able to save Daniel from the dangerous lions, and He was able to put the nation on notice regarding His undeniable power (6:19-28).
- Governmental powers consistently want people to believe that God’s blessings are channeled through their control (6:7).
- No one can cram for a test of adversity, so we better prepare along the way (6:10).
- Our rebellion always affects the people closest to us (6:24).
- Let the only complaint people have about you is how consistent you are with your God.
- Make your spiritual habits directed towards God and unashamed if witnessed by others.
- If following God brought you to it, trusting God will bring you through it.
Travis Agnew serves as the Lead Pastor of Rocky Creek Church in Greenville, SC. His most recent book is Just (About) Married.