God sent messengers to Daniel to reveal how earthly conflicts are connected to spiritual warfare. If we don’t acknowledge that we are in a war, we will most definitely experience significant defeat.
The quickest way to lose a battle is to forget that you are in a war.
The Context (10:1-3)
- A remnant returned to rebuild Jerusalem, but Daniel was greatly burdened with the knowledge of their ongoing conflict (1).
- Daniel applied intentional and costly effort to discern God’s direction (2-3).
The Vision (10:4-9)
- God helps us not by showing us more of our circumstances but revealing more of Himself (4-6).
- If you see God for who He truly is, you will not leave thinking more about yourself (7-9).
The Conflict (10:10-17)
- Behind every earthly battle, there is a spiritual war raging beyond our vantage point (10-12).
- Demonic forces work in people and among governments to oppose God’s Kingdom work (13-17).
The Encouragement (10:18-21)
- The only way to endure Satan’s great opposition is to be confident of God’s great love (18-19).
- If you have recently experienced spiritual victory, you should anticipate additional conflicts (20-21).
- A demon probably isn’t behind all of your problems.
- A demon probably is behind some of your problems.
- You don’t fight spiritual battles with physical means (Eph. 6:10-20).