At some point in our lives, we have all struggled with our image – what we look like, who we really are, how we fit in, and what we stand for. As humans, we are uniquely created in the image of God. If you believe this to be true, what does that mean for your life and others around you? As Christians, we are called to bear this image as Christ did on earth. Therefore, we are called to live as a new creation, one who is set apart and is a reflection of the God who created us and loves us.
Below are some notes I made for the students and leaders. I also included some ways to connect after camp.
Where I’m Preaching Camp in 2024
- June 25-29, 2024 – Ridgecrest
- July 15-19, 2024 – Ridgecrest
- Opening – What God Says About Me (Jeremiah 1)
- Day 1 Morning – Image Defined (Psalm 139:14)
- Day 1 Worship – There’s Nothing Wrong With How God Made You (Genesis 1)
- Day 2 Morning – Image Distorted (Romans 3:23)
- Day 2 Worship – There’s Something Wrong With What Sin Did to You (Genesis 3)
- Day 3 Morning – Image Renewed (2 Corinthians 5:17)
- Adult Bible Study – Digital Distractions (1 Corinthians 9)
- Day 3 Worship – There’s Something About What Christ Has Done (Romans 5)
- Day 4 Morning – Image Shared (Matthew 28:19)
- Day 4 Worship – There’s Something About What Christ Will Do (Revelation 7)
- Closing – It’s a Brand New You (Ephesians 4)
BIBLE READING POST-CAMP
If your life has been changed at camp, it has been the Word of God and the Spirit of God. Good thing both of those are following you home!
If you need a Bible reading plan after camp, I want to suggest two options for you:
- Ephesians. Read about 10 verses a day until you finish the book. As you read, write down reminders of who God says you are and what He has done for you. Journal who you are in chapters 1-3 and what you are expected to do in chapters 1-6. By the time you finish that, you should have time to ask your student pastor for another book to read next. Or you could…
- Word. Read through the 100-Day Bible Reading Plan. This plan provides 50 key OT passages and 50 key NT passages.
- Distinctive Discipleship. Prepare a Distinctive Discipleship plan. This is a simple process to identify 6 key areas to work on in your life for the next few months.
I’m the pastor at Rocky Creek Church in Greenville, SC. You can check out what God is doing there or connect with plenty of sermons and other resources.
- Rocky Creek Sermons – Weekly messages from our church
- The 2nd Mile Podcast – Weekly episodes on how to reject mediocre Christianity
- The Entrust Podcast – Weekly course from our church