Breakout Session at SCBC Onward Conference 2023
If you want to break the weekly cycle of aimlessly planning worship services, you can plan with a purpose. Considering your church and team, you can learn how to improve your ability to design intentional worship gatherings.
What Kind of Leader Are You?
- Wing It
- Last Minute It
- Overcommunicate It
- Limit It
What Kind of Leader Do You Have?
- Saturday Night Special
- Sunday Morning Switch
- Monday Micromanager
- Daily Disinterested
- If you believe that God knows what is best for the gathering, it is best to consult Him about it.
- Meditate on the sermon’s passage to discover the biblical principle that the Spirit desires to communicate.
- Create a worship blueprint that unifies all elements of the service toward that biblical truth.
- Evaluate the church’s calendar so you can be proactive in what needs to be presented.
- Evaluate the surrounding services for any helpful changes.
- Present the service order to someone else for desired feedback.
- Provide clear assignments to your team so that all personalities have adequate time to prepare.
- Defining Deadlines
- Create a template for how you will ensure to have complete worship guides for your team members on steady rhythms.
- Monthly Planning
- If you can plan for a month at a time, you can better evaluate your level of freshness in songs, elements, and people.
- New Songs
- When you introduce new songs, ensure that establish it by multiple usage.