We started a new series today at North Side entitled, “Sticks and Stones.” I was pretty excited about this series starting.
Jeff did a great job talking about a murmuring mouth this morning. When Jeff said this morning that we all know people we avoid due to their complaining mouth. It made me wonder, “Am I that person for anybody? Does anyone dread seeing my presence due to my mouth?”
How often do I complain? How often do I murmur? How often do my words display a distrust in God’s ability to take care of my needs?
Today, we worshiped to the following songs:
- Everything that has Breath – All Together Separate version
- Sing, Sing, Sing – Chris Tomlin
- Nothing But the Blood – Matt Redman
- Jesus Paid It All – Kristian Stanfill
I want to say a thanks to all of our volunteers. Each Sunday, we couldn’t do it without you guys and gals – it takes a ton of you to pull off every Sunday. Your efforts lead peple to the throne, and I appreciate all you do for our church and our God.
- Pick up your new Compass and read it.
- Get your Point of Grace tickets for next Sunday night.
- Bring your pledge card to worship next week.
- Try not to complain this week and see what a difference it can make.
Travis Agnew serves as the Lead Pastor of Rocky Creek Church in Greenville, SC. His most recent book is Distinctive Discipleship. He is married to Amanda and the father of two sons and one daughter. Travis graduated from North Greenville University with a B.A. in Christian Studies and earned his M.Div. and D.Min. from The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, with his doctoral focus on family discipleship.