This week’s book of the week goes to Voddie Baucham’s Family Driven Faith. Preparing for our Legacy series, this book has been a huge asset. I tried to get five best quotes from the book, but I only got to page 51. Here goes:
- “In other words, if I am not a good husband, I am not qualified to lead God’s people. Moreover, if I have not performed in an exemplary fashion as I strive to raise my children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord, I have no business shepherding God’s flock” (14).
- “If I teach my son to keep his eye on the ball but fail to teach him to keep his eyes on Christ, I have failed as a father” (20).
- “The idea that motherhood, fatherhood, and family are not as honorable as high-income careers or highly visible ministry positions is biblically uninformed at best and grossly heretical at worst” (24).
- “We cannot expect our children to rise above our example” (38).
- “Our homes must be rife with the aroma of love. Those who visit us should notice immediately that they have left the world of self-serving, egocentric narcissism and have entered a safe harbor where people value and esteem others above themselves” (51).