It’s a new month and that means it’s time for a new focus at church. Each month, we are focusing on a specific area to really develop as a church body. Just to catch you up, here’s what we have been focusing on at Rocky Creek:
- January: Pastor – I am so thankful you allowed me to be your pastor!
- February: Website – The staff did a wonderful job at overhauling the website and the content to equip you is growing on here by the day.
- March: Services – We added an additional worship service and both of them are continuing to grow!
- April: Guests – We created a “Next Steps” process that has served guests and members alike. The system is going great!
- May: Leadership – We began the process of evaluating and equipping our staff and volunteer teams. Much of this process is ongoing but it is going in the right direction!
June’s Focus: Campus
I’ve had a unique perspective as the pastor and yet one of the newest members. In the last four months, I have gotten to know the church campus better as it becomes easier to navigate the longer that I have been around it.
An important perspective for a church to consider is to evaluate your entire campus through the eyes of a guest.
During the month of June, we are evaluating parking lots, signage, paint colors, traffic flow, deferred maintenance, and areas for improvement. We are looking for ways to make simple adjustments now and plan for future developments later that will cause us to be better stewards of the buildings God has entrusted to our church family. The building isn’t the church, but the church uses the building. It is a tool. It is a gift. And we are debt free (praise the LORD).
Some of our initiatives will be handled in-house by our Summer Go Teams and some others will be a more intensive process.
I am amazed at the incredible space God has given us in the middle of one of the busiest roads in South Carolina. I pray that we can use it for the fullest ministry potential possible.
Will you join me in praying to this end?