If every Christian is in a unique place surrounded by specific challenges, why do we think that a broad approach will work for every single one of us?
In this 11-chapter book, you can learn the biblical framework for discipleship and a practical guide to getting started with your own growth or in helping to disciple another.
Like me, you know that you are supposed to make disciples, but you might have felt intimidated to do so. Cast your excuses aside and get into a process that can make progress.
Since no two believers are in the same spot spiritually, we cannot rely on cookie-cutter approaches for discipleship. We must make plans as distinctive as the individuals.
Table of Contents
- Discipleship Reorientation – This is the big picture. We must reorient to the importance and simplicity of discipleship.
- Progressive Sanctification – We have to unpack the role of sanctification in our discipleship. What is the theology amidst our efforts?
- Intentional Imitation – Most people’s stories lack one important thing – an intentional mentor.
- Strategic Formation – This chapter gives the method of Distinctive Discipleship. It includes an overview of the whole process and introduces the six categories.
- Delight – Delight is the first category that sets up the need to make discipleship an opportunity rather than an obligation.
- Disobedience – The second category focuses on addressing the most dangerous sinful leaning currently present in a person’s life.
- Doctrine – The third category acknowledges the most pressing doctrine that must be known and owned by the disciple.
- Development – The fourth category selects a needed area to mature. Develop in an area where you are specifically gifted or strategically placed.
- Discipline – Strengthen one spiritual discipline for the health of your soul.
- Dependence – Ensure that your efforts are still dependent upon the power of God working through you.
- Identifiable Progression – This chapter wraps up the process, narrows down the plan, and initiates the work.
- Resources – I included some resources to help someone develop his or her own Distinctive Discipleship plan.
This process is the product of two years of prayer, study, and implementation. I wanted to create a tangible way to equip people for personal discipleship. Whether used as a personal plan for growth or a guide to disciple another, the Distinctive Discipleship guide can help you get active in the Great Commission.