Jesus taught the necessity of obedience to His words, but we cannot apply them if we don’t first study them. Create a plan where you can work through studying the entire Bible.
Why the Entire Bible Is Critically Important
- Reading the entire Bible helps us know God better.
- Reading the entire Bible helps us understand our role in God’s story.
- Reading the entire Bible provides the larger storyline essential for comprehension.
- Reading the entire Bible creates a deeper understanding of the person and work of Jesus.
- Reading the entire Bible navigates challenging issues since Scripture interprets Scripture.
- Reading the entire Bible will lead you to every other worthwhile belief and behavior.
- Reading the entire Bible eliminates the awkward exchange when you are asked about it.
How to Start Reading the Bible (Ezra 7:10)
- DEVOTE – Make up your mind that you are going to devote yourself to read God’s Word intentionally.
- STUDY – Focus on making progress in your knowledge of the Word by consistent study.
- APPLY – Study until you find something specific you need to apply in your own life.
- SHARE – Commit to disciple others by teaching them what you have learned.
There are 1,189 chapters in the Bible.
- 1 chapter a day – 3 years
- 3 chapters a day – 1 year
- 6.5 chapters a day – 6 months
- 13 chapters a day – 3 months
- 40 chapters a day – 1 month