Anxiety affects every single one of us in different ways and varying degrees. Learn some biblical ways to address your anxiety.
- God reminds us to rejoice because our habit is to worry.
- To battle anxiety, you must get specific about the reasons you have to rejoice.
- Anxiety is amplified in isolation.
- Testifying to others about your reasonable resolve helps fortify your mind.
- Having others around you reminds you that God is with you.
- Don’t be anxious about anything, but pray about everything.
- As you pray about specific concerns, include gratitude for undeniable blessings.
- There is a peace that is so unbelievable only God could provide it.
- There is a peace that is so available that circumstances could never remove it.
- God’s peace can guard both your heart (emotions) and your mind (thoughts).
- You have to retrain yourself about what thoughts you allow to linger.
- Prioritize thinking intentionally about what is good and right in your life.
- Don’t believe that a one-step effort will fix a long-term issue.
- If it’s a lifelong battle with anxiety, we need to develop a long-term plan.
- Practice makes progress.
Travis Agnew serves as the Lead Pastor of Rocky Creek Church in Greenville, SC. His most recent book is Distinctive Discipleship. He is married to Amanda and the father of two sons and one daughter. Travis graduated from North Greenville University with a B.A. in Christian Studies and earned his M.Div. and D.Min. from The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, with his doctoral focus on family discipleship.