Today I am sharing the second installment in our worship value #2: crediblity – leading with integrity.
This lesson’s big idea: Worship leaders should direct but never distract.
The job of the worship leader is to direct people’s attention towards God, not distract them from it. A worship leader has a tough balance of engaging the people without distracting them.
What is characteristic of distractive worship leaders?
- Obvious resentment towards an unresponsive congregation
- Showiness (that doesn’t mean lack of quality, but a focus on it)
- Tight or revealing clothing (you don’t want your appearance to cause attraction to anyone other than Jesus)
- Fake sincerity (people can spot it)
- Platform devotion that does not match private devotion (that’s obvious too)