2010 is only weeks away, and we are deep in the process of planning sermon series at North Side. I often have people ask how we decide on series, and I thought I could share a little behind the scenes look today.
- Elders’ Meeting – Elders join to pray, study, and brainstorm biblical concepts that need to be addressed in the following year’s teaching calendar. Yearly in October.
- Leadership Meeting – Leadership team works through ideas to take the concepts and begin to turn them into series. Yearly in October.
- Big Idea Meetings – Jeff and I get on the whiteboard and finalize series and start getting the weekly big ideas together.
- Content Meeting – Select staff and church members gather 8 weeks out from a Compass to brainstorm upcoming series and work to specifically develop one-liners, applications, and possible pushbacks.
We had such an amazing 2009 as far as teaching goes. Take a trip down memory lane, and you will be amazed at all God taught us this year. With that being said, we are really excited about this upcoming year. We already have January and February mapped out, and are working through the rest of the year taking notice of holidays and praying that God lead us to teach on things that He knows about that we aren’t even aware of yet.
Here’s how you can help:
- Pray. Ask God to grant us wisdom to teach on the things He would have North Side to teach.
- Contribute. We want to hear from you. Comment below and either share: a) the series that most impacted you and why, or b) what you wish someone would teach you from the Bible in the coming months.
Travis Agnew serves as the Lead Pastor of Rocky Creek Church in Greenville, SC. His most recent book is Just (About) Married.
1 thought on “2010 Series Planning (How We Do It & How You Can Be Involved)”
A. "Marriage by the Book" was huge for our family. Just a great reminder of how I was supposed to love my bride.
B. I think we need to deal with some of the misconceptions of a church.
Comments are closed.