I really don’t have too many words to describe North Side’s Good Friday service. I have never heard our people sing out so much, and I have never seen such expressive worshipers. We remembered the cross, and we could barely contain ourselves!
We celebrated communion, baptism, read Scripture, and worshiped. I loved that one of our elders, Jerry Rentz, led the communion. Most visitors would have imagined he was a staff member by how great of a job he did! After the service, John Kennerly did a coffeeshop performance for us that was pure delightful. Great day.
I kinda imagine that may be the 1st Good Friday service in a line of many more. Just a hunch.
We worshiped to:
- The Cross of Calvary – North Side Worship
- My Savior’s Love – Chris Tomlin
- When I Survey – Kathryn Scott
- Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone) – North Side Worship
- No Greater Love – Travis Agnew
- O the Blood – Gateway Worship
- The Blood Medley – North Side Worship
- In Christ Alone – Travis Cottrell
Travis Agnew serves as the Lead Pastor of Rocky Creek Church in Greenville, SC. His most recent book is Just (About) Married.
4 thoughts on “Good Friday Service Recap”
AWESOME service! "O the Blood" has quickly become one of my favorite songs.
GREAT! Hope it is an annual event!
Brandy, I was thinking the same thing.
Comments are closed.