“Sons are indeed a heritage from the Lord, children, a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the sons born in one’s youth.” -Psalm 127:3
Happy birthday, Eli! You are most definitely a reward! We treasure every day getting to be your mommy and daddy. You are a precious son in whom we are so proud. Here’s just a few of the reasons why we love you:
- You are the most resilient person we know
- Your long smooches
- The most contagious smile in the world
- How you change the dynamic of a room whenever you enter
- Your easy-to-please nature
- The way you whisper “soccer balls” in our ears
- The way you look in the mirror and say “I’m handsome”
- Your ability to always repeat Obie’s statements louder and higher
- Your love for trucks and trains
- Your intense running to and from destinations
- Your cool shades that you prefer to wear upside down starting a new trend
- Your long, detailed, specific prayers
- Your rockstar face
- The way you say “stinky hiney”
- The way you shout-sing like Daddy
- The way you like to follow Mommy all over the house
- Your tickling nature for your brother
- Your observant nature in how you don’t miss a single thing
We love our Eli, “the uplifted.” We are so thankful for the 3 years God has given you, and we cannot wait to see all that he does through you in the years to come. Happy birthday, lil’ buddy!
Travis Agnew serves as the Lead Pastor of Rocky Creek Church in Greenville, SC. His most recent book is Just (About) Married.
2 thoughts on “Happy 3rd Birthday, Eli!”
Happy Birthday Eli! You are a treasure to everyone who knows you!
Jane, thank you so much for your love you show the boys!
Comments are closed.