Knowing the characteristics of false teachers helps us determine who to guard ourselves against.
This was an incredible focus for us today as we discussed the truth about false teachers. On Spring Forward Sunday, the church was still eager to go deeper!
We began our worship service by singing “Sing and Shout” and “Holy.” During our offering time, we watched a video that pitted modern-day “Christian” teaching against what the Bible actually teaches. It was a very eye-opening video that we made in-house. Once that video concluded, we sang a classic from Rich Mullins called “Creed” which is a song written around the Apostle’s Creed. Following that, we sang “Amazing Grace” because we have this grace ever since that “hour we first believed.”
Jeff’s message was very powerful as we discussed how to pick out false teachers. While his teaching was great, I was reminded yet again of how blessed we are to have a pastor who wants to know the flock and wants the flock knows him. Here’s a few Lethcoisms for the day:
- Whoever has your ears will have your heart.
- You need to know the Word of God.
- You need to know who it is that teaches you the Word of God.
- I don’t care if you feel the Holy Spirit or not, I want you to know him.
- There has never been a time in Church history where Christians were as biblically illiterate as they are now.
- He didn’t point out who the false teachers were, but he pointed out what they were like.
- A false teacher is someone who hates authority.
- A false teacher is someone who doesn’t call people to repent from sin.
- A false teacher is known by using the Church for financial gain.
[Tweet “I don’t care if you feel the Holy Spirit or not, I want you to know him.”]
[Tweet “You need to know who it is that teaches you the Word of God.”]
After the message, we sang “It’s You” resolving ourselves to be content in Christ and not all this stuff that false teachers promise. Really, great time.
Don’t forget that Connect is tonight at 6!