I preached a sermon on January 11, 2015 on “Undignified Worship.” Teaching from 2 Samuel 6, I communicated what biblical worship should look like.
Some of the main points:
- We are called to obey the Word – not imitate the world.
- You can’t worship God if you neglect the Word of God.
- The greatest of leaders were also the most passionate of worshipers.
- The people of God learned how to worship God from those who did not know God.
- God’s work must be done in God’s way if it is to have God’s blessing.
- Uzzah presumed his hands were cleaner than the dirt. He was dead wrong.
- King David stripped himself of royalty in the presence of the King of kings He became just like every other worshiper.
Hope this message is a challenge to you!
Travis Agnew serves as the Lead Pastor of Rocky Creek Church in Greenville, SC. His most recent book is Just (About) Married.