Powerful day of worship as we anticipated the Day of the Lord!
Today, we focused on this passage:
5:1 Now concerning the times and the seasons, brothers, you have no need to have anything written to you. 2 For you yourselves are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 While people are saying, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. -1 Thess. 5:1-3
This is how we led our services today:
- Sing to the King – Billy and Cindy Foote
- Video – That’s My King
- Welcome and Announcements
- Beautiful – Phil Wickham
- What a Savior – North Side Worship
- Preparation for Message
- Message – The Day of the Lord (1 Thess. 5:1-3)
- Faithful and True – North Side Worship
Loved seeing all the worshipers gathered together to bring Jesus some lavish praise. The college crew was back in full force today – great to have them back!
Hearing more and more about people getting in discipleship groups, joining the church, serving for the first time, etc. Awesome!
Here are some notes I made from today’s sermon:
- Be sure of his coming, yet be content in being unsure concerning the timing of his coming.
- If we knew the time of Christ’s return, we would delay our obedience.
- Instead of debating his second coming, focus on telling others concerning his first coming.
- Will I be able to figure out what the angels don’t know (Matt. 24:36)?
- Jesus is coming – stay busy!
- If I knew Jesus was coming back in a week, what would I do differently? Whatever is the answer is what I need to do now!
Can’t wait to gather with discipleship group tonight and be the church!
Travis Agnew serves as the Lead Pastor of Rocky Creek Church in Greenville, SC. His most recent book is Just (About) Married.