The goal of parental discipline is to make disciples within your home.
Weeks ago, I got to partner with area churches and put on a parenting workshop. We got many requests to make the content available. Here is the first session, The Goal of Discipline.
Use it however it helps you or your church!
- The Word of God is what qualifies you to lead your children.
- If experience is the only thing able to train parents, then all children are set up for failure.
- The Word of God is sufficient even in parenting.
- Part of the way we make disciples of all the nations is through disciplining those in our own home.
- Disobedience from children is categorized as a serious sin (Rom. 1:30; Deut. 21:18-21; Mic. 7:6).
- Rebellious children are a sign of the end times (2 Tim. 3:2; Matt. 10:21).
- Unruly children disqualify from church leadership (1 Tim. 3:4, 12; Titus 1:6).
- There are dangers for parents in being too harsh or too lenient when it comes to discipline.
- Parenting is designed to serve as a tangible example of the character and activity of God.