In week 2 of our “Everyday Church” series, we talked about what the biblical community of a church is supposed to look like.
- Reading – 1 Peter 1:13-16
- Lay Me Down – Chris Tomlin
- Lord I Need You – Matt Maher
- Confessional Prayer Time
- VBS Prayer Time
- Offertory Prayer Time
- Reading – John 10:27-29
- He Will Hold Me Fast – Norton Hall Band
- O the Blood (w/Nothing But the Blood) – Gateway Worship
- Sermon – 1 Peter 2:4-12
- Unite Us Together – North Side Worship
- We can’t engage the culture if we can’t even engage the church (1 Pet. 2:5).
- Jesus is building his church as a people – not a place (1 Pet. 2:5).
- We are a chosen people but not a choice people (1 Pet. 2:9).
- We are commissioned to be prophets and priests – not just consumers (1 Pet. 2:9).
- In the church, there are no spiritual elites. We are all priests (1 Pet. 2:9).
- We can’t point others to the light if we don’t acknowledge we came from the darkness (1 Pet. 2:9).
- We cannot become like them in order to reach them (1 Pet. 2:11-12).
- We don’t need a temple because we are the temple.
Travis Agnew serves as the Lead Pastor of Rocky Creek Church in Greenville, SC. His most recent book is Just (About) Married.