Fuge 2017 – Convergence
2 Samuel 11-12; Psalm 51
CAUGHT (2 Samuel 11-12)
- Sin can start with being at the wrong place at the wrong time.
- Our vulnerability can often come from a lack of accountability.
- Sin can be covered temporarily by an additional sin or eternally by an unconditional Savior.
- No amount of coverup will ever be able to protect your sin from being noticed by God.
CONVICTED (Ps. 51:1-8)
- There’s a difference in being sorry that you sinned and sorry that you got caught.
- You can’t be justified by God if you are still trying to justify your sin.
- Sometimes the most gracious act that God can do is to break the consistently wandering heart.
- While God carries us in our brokenness, we become so accustomed to his presence that we find it difficult to stray again.
CLEANED (Ps. 51:9-19)
- There is a forgiveness so thorough that sin’s record can be erased.
- If there is a true profession of faith, there will be a true progression of faith.
- Receiving grace should lead to revealing grace.
Travis Agnew serves as the Lead Pastor of Rocky Creek Church in Greenville, SC. His most recent book is Just (About) Married.