“Go and make disciples of all nations…” (Matt. 28:19)
It’s a new month and that means it’s time for a new focus for the leadership at Rocky Creek. Each month, we are focusing on a specific area to really develop as a church body. Just to catch you up, here’s what we have been focusing on at Rocky Creek:
- January: Pastor – I am so thankful you allowed me to be your pastor!
- February: Website – The staff did a wonderful job at overhauling the website and the content to equip you is growing by the day.
- March: Services – We added an additional worship service and both of them are continuing to grow!
- April: Guests – We created a “Next Steps” process that has served guests and members alike.
- May: Leadership – We began the process of evaluating and equipping our staff and volunteer teams.
- June: Campus – We focused on ways to make simple adjustments now and plan for future developments later that will cause us to be better stewards of the buildings God has entrusted to our church family.
- July: Calendar – We finished a yearly calendar so you can plan your schedule around events and resources to help equip you in your disciple-making. The calendar is available here.
- August: Groups – We spent the month clarifying Gospel Groups and adding new ones that meet during the week.
- September: Curriculum – We focused on the biblical content that we taught in our Gospel Groups.
October’s Focus: Partnerships
This month we are focusing on the furthering Rocky Creek’s mission partnerships.
At Rocky Creek, we have an Acts 1:8 strategy as it relates to mission partnerships.
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Acts 1:8
When Jesus said these words to the disciples, Jerusalem was hometown, Judea was the region around them, Samaria was the region further out and different culturally and ethnically than them, and the ends of the earth was as far away on the globe as possible.
As an Acts 1:8 church, we seek to have kingdom impact with the gospel throughout the world in all of those areas, starting here in our Jerusalem of Greenville, SC.
In simplistic terms, we have mission partnerships in our city, our state, our country, and our world.
There are too many stories to begin sharing of how God is working through the lives at Rocky Creek with our mission partnerships. So, why focus on these if they are going well? Because we always need to evaluate, recommit, and refocus how we give, pray, serve, and go.
Already set in motion, we have ways for you to serve intentionally this month. We also have our Missions Celebration weekend coming up quickly. See how you can get involved!
This month, we will be evaluating our mission partnerships and seeing how we can continue as a church to take the gospel to the ends of the earth. Pray with us!
Travis Agnew serves as the Lead Pastor of Rocky Creek Church in Greenville, SC. His most recent book is Just (About) Married.