Fully Pleasing to God
As the gospel transforms us from the domain of darkness into saints standing in the light, our lives are meant to be fully pleasing to God. Disciples strive to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord.
Pray for Spiritual Wisdom (Col. 1:9)
- Knowledge is the content of truth, wisdom is the comprehension of truth, and understanding is the application of truth.
- “To be filled” means “to be controlled.” We need more than biblical information – we need biblical motivation.
Pray for Obedient Lives (Col. 1:10)
- Our partial obedience can never obtain God’s full pleasure.
- The closer we get to Jesus, the clearer we can see the areas that still need work.
Pray for Fruitful Ministry (Col. 1:10)
- Bearing spiritual fruit is due to the work of God and for the benefit of others.
- Learning God’s will enables us to obey God’s will which equips us to share God’s will.
Pray for Joyful Endurance (Col. 1:11)
- We burn out trying to live for God when we attempt to do it apart from the power of God.
- A great indicator of your maturity is determined on how joyfully you can endure through trials.
Pray for Redemptive Gratitude (Col. 1:12-14)
- We are qualified by God’s grace and not our merit.
- If Christ has brought us from the dark into the light, why would we ever drift back towards sin’s shadows?
Travis Agnew serves as the Lead Pastor of Rocky Creek Church in Greenville, SC. His most recent book is Just (About) Married.