Jesus Holds All Things Together
Not only were we created through Jesus, but we were also created for Jesus. As he holds all things together, even our spiritual growth is kept from shifting when it is placed in his hands.
- “What comes to your mind when you think about God is the most important thing about you.” -A.W. Tozer
- Regarding the identity of Jesus, I need more than sincerity – I need clarity and accuracy.
- If my beliefs about Jesus fail to change everything in my life, then I have settled for unworthy, inaccurate beliefs.
Jesus Holds the Creation Together (Col. 1:15-17)
- Jesus is nothing less than God in the flesh.
- As the Creator of all things, Jesus has the right to all things.
- The glorious originality and sustainability of Creation screams to Jesus’ unique authority.
Jesus Holds the Church Together (Col. 1:18-20)
- If Jesus is the head of the Church, our preferences should never challenge his preeminence.
- God’s full presence worked in Jesus to reconcile a full people.
- The presence of Jesus in a church is evident when the peace of Jesus is known among a people.
Jesus Holds the Christian Together (Col. 1:21-23)
- Christ offers forgiveness for the hostile thoughts and actions done against His will.
- The death of Jesus in my place means the death of the punishment I deserved.
- True disciples are proven by their continued steadfastness in the gospel.
Travis Agnew serves as the Lead Pastor of Rocky Creek Church in Greenville, SC. His most recent book is Just (About) Married.