The Multiply Initiative is our simple yet aggressive plan to multiply disciples. Our church is an established church with almost two centuries of discipleship work. As we go forward during this time, we wanted to simplify our strategy as a church and clarify our expectations for our covenant members.
The Great Commission
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age (Matt. 28:19-20).
As we study Jesus’ Great Commission, we see that the Kingdom is composed of disciples who have a:
- Commission to the World – We prioritize missions in order to make disciples of all nations.
- Commitment to the Church – We prioritize ministry in order to make disciples within our church.
- Commandment for Discipleship – We prioritize discipleship in order to make disciples among our relationships.
- Communion with Jesus – We prioritize worship in order to make disciples of ourselves.
The Church Strategy
- Mission Partnerships [Commission]
- We want to encourage relational evangelism to happen organically and intentional mission teams to happen organizationally.
- By creating local and global opportunities, the church will equip the members to live and give on mission.
- Church Ministries [Commitment]
- We will equip the congregation to lead age-based and need-based ministries.
- We must prioritize every member finding an intentional place of service based upon their spiritual gifts and areas of passion.
- Gospel Groups [Commandment]
- Gospel Groups will provide the best opportunity for the most committed care, support, and discipleship for our church membership.
- In order to create an opportunity for multi-generational unity and family discipleship, all ages in the church align with the same Bible-based curriculum and reading plan.
- These groups must see themselves as investing relationally into one another outside of the weekly meeting times.
- Worship Services [Communion]
- Our worship services will be conducted to be Bible-based and Jesus-exalting.
- Our corporate times of worship remind us of the treasure of Jesus’ presence with the church now and forevermore.
- Our proximity to the King is directly proportional to our productivity for his Kingdom.
The Personal Shift
In all of these four areas, we will seek to provide a program that helps to create a lifestyle.
- By involving yourself with a mission partnership, you can mature into an evangelistic lifestyle of going with a commission to the world.
- By involving yourself with a church ministry, you can move into a servant lifestyle of a commitment to the church.
- By involving yourself with a gospel group, you can move into a relational lifestyle of obeying the commandment for discipleship.
- By involving yourself with a worship service, you can celebrate an abiding lifestyle of experiencing a communion with Jesus.
Travis Agnew serves as the Lead Pastor of Rocky Creek Church in Greenville, SC. His most recent book is Just (About) Married.