Fuge Camp at Liberty University – Day 4 Worship
The sacrifice of Jesus was never a Plan B to God’s redemptive work. The entire message of the Bible and the complete history of the world is working towards God’s grand conclusion of restoration.
- The sacrifice of Jesus was never a Plan B to God’s redemptive work.
- The Bible is not a collection of disconnected, moralistic stories.
- The Bible is the one overarching narrative of how the cross of Christ will rescue a fallen people.
- God created the heavens and the earth
- Mankind rebelled trying to prove their worth
- Sin escalated to the shedding of blood
- God’s wrath displayed in the form of a flood
- Yet one was blessed to be a blessing
- A nation promised, a Messiah coming
- A people rescued out from slavery
- The Law
givento show their inability
- Finally settled into the Promised Land
- Yet the cycle of sin punished again and again
- A kingdom
established,kings took up the crown
- Yet the greatest of men still let the people down
- A nation divided while prophets warned in the streets
- Until godless enemies came and administered defeats
- A people in exile suffering with their guilt
- A remnant returns, a city rebuilt
- The people feared if they’d been left on their own
- 400 silent years before the answer was known
- Glory to God and peace upon the earth
- A Savior was given, a virgin gave birth
- God in the flesh lived free from sin
- Jesus conveyed grace and truth from within
- Recognized as teaching with authority
- Despised and rejected by the Pharisees
- Christ crucified on the hill of Calvary
- Exchanged righteousness for our depravity
- Yet on the third day, the Savior would rise
- Commissioned the disciples in his ascent to the sky
- The Holy Spirit empowered, the gospel unashamed
- The Church established, giving everything away
- No amount of persecution could keep the message back
- Paul was converted, proclaimed the faith he attacked
- Among the nations, churches were multiplied
- Letters were sent, doctrine and practice clarified
- A revelation was given for though the future seems grim
- Christ will return and we will be with him
God is on a mission to restore, how will you join him?
Travis Agnew serves as the Lead Pastor of Rocky Creek Church in Greenville, SC. His most recent book is Just (About) Married.
You must be logged in to post a comment.