Preached at Berea First Baptist Prayer Conference
- Lacking Power (9:14-18)
- Mere association with Jesus doesn’t guarantee access to His power.
- Our failures not only damage our reputations but they can also tarnish others’ perception of Christ.
- Struggling Faith (9:19-27)
- Three horrible words that you should never say to Jesus: if you can.
- Even when your faith is underdeveloped, don’t allow it to be misdirected.
- Neglecting Prayer (9:28-29)
- We will always lose spiritual battles if we rest on previous accomplishments or personal abilities.
- Depending on God through prayer reminds us that we are not in control.
- Are you trying to accomplish in your own strength what only God can do?
- Do you doubt if God is able to do what needs to be done?
(The reading I did at the end of the sermon came from the last chapter of Wiki God. Here is more info on the book. You can also read a version of it here.
Travis Agnew serves as the Lead Pastor of Rocky Creek Church in Greenville, SC. His most recent book is Just (About) Married.