Just because David had walked with integrity in the past did not guarantee that he would in the future. Walking with God is a continual commitment to pursuing biblical obedience.
- God is a lot more concerned with how we finish the Christian race than with how we started.
- Our Christian integrity must be something that is protected during every stage of our lives.
Seek Divine Evaluation (1-3)
- You will never make decisions of which everyone approves, so ensure that the LORD’s affirmation is your ultimate desire.
- It is better to have been walking with God along the way rather than attempting to when you need His help.
Avoid Hypocritical Companions (4-5)
- You will reflect the values of those with which you spend the most time.
- Avoid people who attempt to convince you that following your flesh is justified.
Prioritize Spiritual Habits (6-8)
- Walking with God is a continual commitment to addressing all components of your spiritual health.
- You cannot stay spiritually healthy if you neglect gathering in God’s presence with God’s people.
Beware Gradual Complacency (9-12)
- Past obedience should never produce a current entitlement.
- Just because you have walked with integrity in the past does not guarantee that you will continue in the future.
What is the greatest danger to you finishing strong?