While God invites us into what He is doing in this world, He is not dependent upon us to make it happen. If we want to be a part of what He is working in His kingdom, we must maintain the proper perspective.
- While God may appreciate our efforts, he has never once relied upon them.
- “Come to the Kingdom for such a time as this…”
- Esther 4:8-14
- “And who knows whether you have not come to the kingdom for such a time as this?”
- If I fail to do my part, God’s purposes will still go forward.
- God doesn’t need us, but he wants us.
- God’s invitation is never based upon desperation.
- The message of the gospel will impact this culture, but we are not guaranteed to be the messengers.
Travis Agnew serves as the Lead Pastor of Rocky Creek Church in Greenville, SC. His most recent book is Just (About) Married.