All Christians deal with differing levels of stress, fear, and anxiety. Learn how to process through these feelings and walk in truth.
The Truth About Change
- Change comes to everyone.
- Change comes in varying degrees.
- Change comes for specific reasons.
- Change is often out of our control.
10 Biblical Reasons for Suffering
- Genesis 50:20 – To bring about God’s provision and providence
- Job 1:6-12 – To silence Satan
- Genesis 22:1-18 – To test our faith
- Hebrews 12:5-11 – To chasten us for our sins
- Galatians 5:22-23; James 1:2-4 – To produce the Fruit of the Spirit
- 2 Corinthians 1:3-7 – To open doors of ministry
- John 9:1-3 – To glorify God
- Mark 6:45-52 – To know more of God
- Mark 9:14-29 – To increase our faith
- Romans 8:16-18; 26-30 – To make us more like Christ
Healthy Fear vs. Anxiety
- Healthy fear is a concern that requires a healthy response from you.
- Healthy fear is a necessary part of living in a fallen world.
- Anxiety/worry springs from fearful thoughts that don’t require an immediate response from you.
- Anxiety is fear about what might come tomorrow.
Casting Your Cares on Jesus
- Identify if it’s an anxious thought.
- Expose it – This thought is not from your Heavenly Father!
- Cast it off – Replace it with something that is truer about yourself, God, or your situations than the anxious thought.
- Engage your will and your intellect instead of surrendering to your anxious feelings and emotions.
- Choose to think on truth.
Travis Agnew serves as the Lead Pastor of Rocky Creek Church in Greenville, SC. His most recent book is Just (About) Married.