You can be hopeful in the midst of suffering in this life. Your confidence can be in the fact that Jesus can handle any situation that you encounter.
- No situation is so great that Jesus can’t handle it.
- If Jesus could stop the storm, He could have predicted the storm, yet He led them through it anyway.
- If you mistake Jesus’ identity, you will overlook His activity.
- Only God has the ability to rebuke the forces of nature and the forces of evil.
- The most caring thing Jesus could do was to lead them through a storm He could control.
- If you have to be in a storm, it’s best to have Jesus in the boat with you.
- The disciples went through a great storm, Jesus made a great calm, and their response was a great fear.
- The disciples mistakenly feared a storm when they should have feared the one who could sleep through it.
- The point of this story is not that Jesus will calm your storm but that He can calm your storm.
Travis Agnew serves as the Lead Pastor of Rocky Creek Church in Greenville, SC. His most recent book is Just (About) Married.