On the cross, Jesus was surrounded by two other men – one desired release and the other redemption. Did you become a Christian to escape consequences or to embrace Christ?
- Many people only turn their attention to God when their consequences for their choices become unavoidable.
- Repentant sinners can accept their responsibility but also seek redemption.
- The first criminal desired to be released; the second desired to be remembered.
- On which side of the cross does your hope lie?
- Are you considering Christianity to escape consequences or to embrace Christ?
- The redeemed man admitted his sin, believed in Jesus’ perfection, and confessed personal faith.
Admit. Believe. Confess.
Travis Agnew serves as the Lead Pastor of Rocky Creek Church in Greenville, SC. His most recent book is Just (About) Married.