Far too many professing Christians drudge through life, seemingly unaware of the joyful journey it is to follow Jesus. To know Jesus is to experience rescue from an ordinary life.
1 John 1:1-4
To know Christ is to know life.
- 1 John was written by one of Jesus’ first disciples, closest friends, and earliest pastors.
- John wrote this letter due to concern over the spiritual conditions of those within the church.
- The goal of studying this book is that you are sure about Jesus and where you stand with Him.
- The eternal Son of God actually invaded this world as a physical man to rescue us.
- Jesus was not diminished divinity or heightened humanity.
- Jesus calls us to belong to somebody more than just believe in something.
- Christianity doesn’t work as an isolated faith.
- Jesus didn’t come so we could settle for a mediocre, miserable existence.
- Truly following Jesus alongside other disciples could never be categorized as an ordinary life.
Evaluate: How much joy and purpose does Jesus honestly bring to your daily life?