Within the Body of Christ, we experience the gift of mutual encouragement. Through the challenges of this life, we need to support each other and seek to support each other.
1 Thessalonians 3:6-10
The strength of your faith is related to the quality of your relationships.
Reciprocal Encouragement (3:6)
- The Christian life needs more than content – we need companions.
- If encouragement isn’t reciprocal, you are providing a resource and not a relationship.
Inspiring Example (3:7-8)
- Hardships can be so intense that you need to witness another remain stable through similar circumstances.
- Weak Christians fake strength; strong disciples admit frailty.
Relational Endurance (3:9-10)
- Your spiritual sincerity can be gauged by how your pray for another.
- Discipleship includes joy for the progress made and intention for the work remaining.
- Someone’s faith is lacking, so what will you do about it?
Everyone discipling someone. Who is your someone?
Travis Agnew serves as the Lead Pastor of Rocky Creek Church in Greenville, SC. His most recent book is Just (About) Married.