The Christian life is more of a journey than a destination. For all the progress you have made, keep going forward as you follow after Jesus and make adjustments to your life.
1 Thessalonians 3:11-13
If there is a true profession of faith, there should be a true progression of faith.
#1. Walk Through Doors That God Opens (3:11)
- The faithful and fatherly guidance of God leads us to walk in the paths He has prepared for us.
- You will exhaust yourself trying to open a door God closed or close a door God opened.
#2. Increase In Your Love for Others (3:12)
- We should never arrive at a satisfactory amount of love for others in this life.
- A Christian should be known by a superabundant love for both insiders and outsiders.
#3. Continue to Establish Personal Holiness (3:13)
- Strive for a practical holiness that embodies your positional holiness.
- You should gradually become more like Jesus by the time that you meet Him.
Do you have a plan for how you will make progress?
Do you have a plan for how you will help another make progress?
The most consistent Christians have a plan to grow as a disciple and as a disciple-maker.