To be a part of a local church means that we give and we receive for the mutual benefit of all members. Discover what differentiates between a stagnate and supportive disciple within this church.
1 Thessalonians 5:25-28
Be Thoroughly Prayerful (5:25)
- Don’t just be the person who shares prayer requests – be the person requesting to pray.
- If you don’t have a plan to pray for those leading within the church, it probably will never happen.
Be Intentionally Relational (5:26)
- The gathered church needs to be a consistent source of warm welcomes and reliable relationships.
- Church personalities and programs can only provide so much – you need partners alongside you.
Be Unapologetically Biblical (5:27)
- If the Word of God stops being our source of authority, we surrender the right to call ourselves a church.
- We cannot neglect to teach the whole Word to the entire church.
Be Relentlessly Gracious (5:28)
- The grace that saves us is the same grace that sanctifies us.
- If grace permeates our lives, we will never assume that anyone is too far gone.
Guests: Do you need to be a part of this church family?
Members: How could you improve your commitment to this church family?
Travis Agnew serves as the Lead Pastor of Rocky Creek Church in Greenville, SC. His most recent book is Just (About) Married.