To be a part of a local church means that we give and we receive for the mutual benefit of all members. Discover what differentiates between a stagnate and supportive disciple within this church.
1 Thessalonians 5:25-28
Be Thoroughly Prayerful (5:25)
- Don’t just be the person who shares prayer requests – be the person requesting to pray.
- If you don’t have a plan to pray for those leading within the church, it probably will never happen.
Be Intentionally Relational (5:26)
- The gathered church needs to be a consistent source of warm welcomes and reliable relationships.
- Church personalities and programs can only provide so much – you need partners alongside you.
Be Unapologetically Biblical (5:27)
- If the Word of God stops being our source of authority, we surrender the right to call ourselves a church.
- We cannot neglect to teach the whole Word to the entire church.
Be Relentlessly Gracious (5:28)
- The grace that saves us is the same grace that sanctifies us.
- If grace permeates our lives, we will never assume that anyone is too far gone.
Guests: Do you need to be a part of this church family?
Members: How could you improve your commitment to this church family?