Luke 2:1-20 – The angels announced the gracious and glorious arrival of Jesus to a group of panicked shepherds. The gospel emboldens our lives once we comprehend that Jesus actually came for us.
The Shepherd’s Situation
- God orchestrated the birth of Jesus to fulfill all prophecies and to engage all people (2:1-5).
- The greatest to have ever been born came in the lowliest of circumstances (2:6-7).
- God delivered the most important news to what society would say were the most insignificant people (2:8-9).
- The good news of Jesus replaces understandable fear with unexplainable joy (2:10-14).
- The gift of Christ’s incarnation brought ample reason to praise God and tell others (2:15-20).
- Savior – Jesus came to save you from your sins; stop pretending you don’t have any.
- Messiah – Jesus came in the humblest of circumstances so you would know you are never beneath His reach.
- Lord – You don’t adore the baby in a manger if you fail to obey the risen Savior.