Exodus 4:18-31 – As Moses prepared to return to Egypt, God prepared him for the hardening of Pharaoh’s heart, but a curious event on the way showed that Moses wasn’t exempt from that very thing. We must prioritize assessing our own personal obedience.
- Before Moses returned to Egypt, he wanted his father-in-law’s blessing and God’s presence (4:18-20).
- God would use Pharaoh’s obstinance to reveal His unrivaled power (4:21).
- Pharaoh believed himself to be the son of a god, but He was about to discover whose God’s child truly was (4:22-23).
- God had dramatically rescued Moses, yet he was still reluctant to obey simple instructions (4:24-26).
- When the people realized God would alleviate their suffering, their proper response was worship (4:27-31).
- Saints and sinners struggle similarly, but only one group knows forgiveness.
- We are often too quick to notice the sins of others while overlooking our own.
- The hardened hearts that are the most surprising are those who know better.
- Never underestimate the dangers if you remain reluctant to obey.